Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bloggography Challenge-Exposure Compensation

This week's challenge was exposure compensation and the theme was 'spring'!
A beautiful tree that lives just across the street from me is in full bloom, so since the house stands empty at the moment, I took that as my chance to get some shots and play around with exposure.
This first photo was taken with more light, or a positive setting allowing more light into the camera for a brighter shot.

IMG_0574
(Can you see that mosquito hanging below the bud?)


When I changed settings to a negative number, hence less light, this was the result:

IMG_0575
(you can see that pesky 'squito even more here)


...and again, a more negative setting, and even less light, for an even darker photo:

IMG_0573


Visit Lolli or Manic Mother for more wonderful tutorials and photos!

I have learned so much in the last few weeks and I am so appreciative. Thank you, ladies!!

Bloggography at Better in Bulk



5 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

I love these shots!! Isn't the Spring wonderful for pictures?!

Unknown said...

Wow great examples! What kind of tree is that?

Brandie said...

Those are really cool! Great examples. Nice job

Marie said...

beautiful. so cool that you caught the mosquito too.

erin said...

beautiful, the last shot you can see the mosquito so well.