Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Exposure Triangle

Manic Mother



This week's tutorial was about The Exposure Triangle. The assignment was to go out and capture and practice what we have learned, using Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO.

The funny thing is, when I read these tutorials, they seem so easy, but when it comes down to it, not so much! I am quite over-whelmed, but not willing to give up! My favorite of the three to work with is Aperture and these are my final products:


I stole my daughters crayons to practice with...color!
IMG_0443




IMG_0442
I really like how this one came out!
And more color...her fingernail polish!
IMG_0422
These two seem to be pretty close, but starting at the second bottle of polish, you can tell a slight difference in them.


IMG_0423


I took a lot of time to write down all of my settings and in order to keep myself from being totally mortified by posting it all wrong, I am going to leave that part out. A little disappointed in myself for that, but practicing with these shots was lots of fun! That's all that counts, right?

If you would like to read more about The Exposure Triangle and get more photography tips, visit Better In Bulk (she gives tutorials using a Canon camera) or Manic Mother (who gives tutorials using a Nikon).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a neat shot! I love the last one!

Laura said...

Love the all the color. Great pictures. I especially like the nail polish pictures.

Lollidale Farm said...

What fun, fun subjects to photograph! You've got my creative juices flowing!

Marie said...

so clean and colorful all at the same time! Love it!