Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Aperture

I recently found Lolli's blog again, Better In Bulk, and she is hosting Bloggography tutorials, with some very helpful lessons.

This week's challenge is "aperture" which is the hole inside the lens that lets light in. Different aperture settings will determine how much depth of field will be included in your photo.

I have included two photos that I took using some aperture settings. I was supposed to take different photos of the same thing, using different settings, but apparently I did not pay attention to the teacher! I did take several photos, but these were the two that came out the best, in my opinion, and the only two I had prepared for my post.



candy





Red Tulips


Thanks for the tips, Lolli!

9 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

I LOVE the Valentines candies! Great shots! And don't worry about not having comparison shots, really. We are really laid back and easy on the "rules." We just love to get people out taking pictures and sharing their results!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I didn't follow the rules either . . . I took comparison shots, but nothing with pink or red. Sigh. We're rule-breakers ;) Your photos are BEAUTIFUL! I can't decide which I like the best, they're both so gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Love the tulip pic, great light!

Brandie said...

Those are some great shots!! Nice job.

lynn said...

Both are great shots even though you didn't follow the rules! Tsk! Tsk! :-)

Bri said...

cool colorful shots! love it! and i really like meeting new blogs through the photography blog hops.

have a great week!

Laura said...

Love the candy pic, but I'm a sucker for shallow depth of field.

Marie said...

I LOVE the candy corn shot!

Shauna said...

I love this! I missed the part about it being red or pink! Oh well! =)