Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Express Yourself / MCP 9/52

This week's theme is: "Express Yourself" over at MCP Actions. I am really enjoying this project and I wanted to share a picture I took of my daughter this past weekend.

She is not really frowning at me in the photo, she is very sensitive to the light and always has been so she is very hard to photograph outdoors. I think it has something to do with her blue eyes, not sure. Anyway, I caught her unprepared and I like the way it turned out.

This picture portrays so much of her personality. The bracelets on her wrists, the way she is dressed, how she's holding a piece of her hair with that uncertainty. I think this was a perfect example of her 'expressing herself'.



Express Yourself








4 comments:

lynn said...

I like catching people off guard in photos. I think they look more natural and you get more of a sense of who they are. This is a perfect example! I think it turned out great.

And is that true about blue eyes? Are they more sensitive to light? Because I can't step outside without sunglasses or I squint (more than a normal person!) and my eyes start to water.

LisaDay said...

It's a great picture, full of expression. It is true that light eyes are more sensitive. She should wear sunglasses outside, all the time. Actually, all of us should. Sorry, did an article on eye health. Perhaps she would benefit from transition lenses.

LisaDay

Gina Kleinworth said...

I really love the texture in this shot. So interesting

mybelleepoque said...

Love this picture!! The color is great!